At Wing Hall, the campsite blends into the grounds of the Victorian manor house, which is still a family home. For numerous reasons (including planning restrictions and a desire to avoid excessively 'regimented' camping) the facilities have evolved as they are: basic, functional and low-key.
Regardless of this, the facilities should of course be clean. We would expect nothing else.
We'd ask, however, that guests would appreciate a number of factors which have sparked complaint:
- It's a campsite. In fields. When it rains, it does get muddy. The mud is walked into the facilities and is cleaned up... just not instantly.
- The fields are grassy. We cut the grass regularly to keep them nice. Sometimes grass gets walked into the facilities and showers. There are plenty of other campsites with concrete everywhere, but that's not for us.
- The facilities are checked 2-3 times each day (increasing to constant rotational cleaning on busy weekends). No matter how thoroughly the facilities are checked and cleaned, it only takes one person to be inconsiderate and make a mess. Please tell us if this is the case and we'll improve the situation right away.
- Please consider that on busy weekends and Bank Holidays, the site is very busy. Use of facilities inevitably increases and by avoiding 'peak times' there's less chance of a wait.
Now we've got all that out of the way, the facilities on-site include:
- 20 Lavatories (split between gents and ladies)
- 8 new Showers
- 10 Washing-Up sinks
- Hairdryer / Shaving socket
- Communal fridge and freezer for guests' use
- Farm Shop with fresh bread, pastries, fruit, milk, meat and veg throughout the season (also wines, beers and other essentials)
- An independent Cafe-Bar with a full licence, open throughout the camping season. Please see the Veranda Cafe website for details.