At Wing Hall, the campsite blends into the grounds of the Victorian manor house, which is still a family home. For numerous reasons (difficulties with local planning permission; the desire to provide avoid too 'regimented' a site and maintaining a site which offers 'real' camping) the facilities have evolved as they are: basic, functional and low-key.
Regardless of this, the facilities should of course be clean. We would expect nothing else.
We'd ask, however, that guests would appreciate a number of factors which have sparked complaint:
- It's a campsite. In fields. When it rains, it does get muddy. The mud is walked into the facilities and is cleaned up... just not instantly.
- The fields are grassy. We cut the grass to keep them nice. Sometimes grass gets walked into the facilities and showers. There are plenty of other campsites with concrete everywhere if you'll have trouble with this, but that's not for us.
- No matter how thoroughly the facilities are checked and cleaned, it only takes on person to be inconsiderate to make a mess. Please tell us if this is the case and we'll improve the situation.
- The facilities are checked 2-3 times each day (increasing to constant rotational cleaning on busy weekends and dependent on how busy we are). If at any time, guests feel the facilities need attention, we welcome the feedback at the Farm Shop / Reception.
- Please consider that on busy weekends and Bank Holidays, the site is very busy. Use of facilities inevitably means they need to be cleaned. Please consider this when booking in these periods.
Now we've got all that out of the way, the facilities on-site (pictures to follow) include:
- 20 lavatories
- 11 Showers
- 10 Washing-Up sinks
- Hairdryer / Shaving socket
- Communal fridge and freezer for guests' use
- Farm Shop with fresh bread, pastries, fruit, milk, meat and veg throughout the season (also wines, beers and other essentials)
- Cafe-Bar with a full licence, open throughout the camping season and serving, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. Drinks until 11pm