Wing Hall Caravan and camping near Rutland water
The Campsite at Wing Hall occupies the fields surrounding the house, providing guests with stunning views and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere - all anchored around the Victorian Manor House, just a mile from the expanse of Rutland Water. Dogs, families and couples welcome.
"A deeply tranquil and rural park set in the grounds of an old manor house. The four grassy fields with attractive borders... have exceptional views across the Rutland Countryside... Children and tents are very welcome in what is a safe environment where there is space to roam."
2014 AA Review
For our prices please click here. To book, see link below.
We welcome guests from March through to October (on-line booking is required, as is agreeing to comply with our on-site rules).
With basic facilities (for more informaiton, please click here) the site offers 'real' camping where the focus is about enjoying the location, the scenery and quality time. That said, the onsite shop serving local produce - and all the essentials - is always popular, as is the independent Veranda Cafe-Bar overlooking the lawn.
For our Photo Gallery, here.
(We know there are mixed reviews, but hope if you are looking for a friendly, traditional camping set-up, you'll give us a go and judge for yourselves!)
We ask that all guests respect the fact that Wing Hall is a quiet family site (we enforce rules on noise) and that guests review and comply with the site rules (below).
We have reluctantly decided not to accommodate unsupervised groups of young people - in order to preserve the tranquility of the site (other groups - including, for example, Duke of Edinburgh Award groups with leaders - should enquire here.
From years of experience, we know that different people want different things from a campsite. We have tried to keep our site 'real'; which means it offers a simple, basic standard in an un-spoilt, relaxed and family-friendly environment.
We are fortunate to have dozens of guests who return throughout each year as they find Wing Hall the authentic, friendly and quiet campsite which many thought to be a thing of the past.
We don't generally like to make rules, but to ensure the enjoyment of all our guests, we have to impose some basic guidelines which - if you would like to stay with us - you must agree to follow and accept the following:
- No noise between 10pm and 7am and no radios / car stereos or music at any time
- No excessive noise at any other time
- Full payment in advance by cash or cheque with matching guarantee card (no refunds)
- No overnight guests
- Place all litter / rubbish in bins provided. Please help us to recycle by placing all recyclable material in the marked bins provided
- No ground fires or BBQs on the grass (we can provide bricks as a base - please ask)
- Children should be properly supervised and not be allowed to roam the site without an adult after dark - please ensure children do not chase or take too much interest in the chickens!
- Pitches can be occupied from 12 noon and should be vacated by 12 noon unless prior alternative arrangements have been made. No arrivals after 20:00 in the evening
- Dogs to be kept on a lead at all times and not taken round to the shower/washing-up area or the front of the house (our chickens roam this area and they don't get on with dogs!)
- No bicycles to be ridden on the lawn, or taken around front (lawn side) of the house - please ensure children understand this
- Please keep to the speed limit on site (5 mph)
- All new arrivals must check-in and receive pitch number from the Shop / Reception before pitching tents
- Please keep your receipt safe for reference and check the details before setting up as the receipt is considered authoritative
Notes and Liability
The nature of the Hall means that maintenance work, gardening and farm activities take place all-year round and these activities present risks - particularly for unattended children.
Please note that Wing Hall, its staff and owner, cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions whilst on-site. Also, please be aware that no responsibility will be taken for accident or injury to guests or visitors.
Finally, when necessary to ensure the enjoyment of the majority of our guests, Wing Hall reserves the right to refuse access to the site; decline confirmed bookings or to ask guests to leave with immediate effect (without refunds), if deemed necessary by the site manager, whose decision is final and who is under no obligation to provide expalantion or alternative arrangements at any time.